Secular Christianity
Note: I am sharing what I believe. I will respect your beliefs if you will respect mine <3
Jesus was a cool dude. But there are some plot holes in the story. The story goes that he began preaching when he was 30 years old. Why did he have to wait so long? If he was as amazing as the stories told, he didn't need to be 30 years old because he would have been able to conduct miracles before that. My theory is that he was much more of a regular dude than religion portrays him out to be.
I think Jesus is awesome. His parables inspire hope in millions of people. I believe that Jesus is the son of god like that we are all god's children because we came from source. Maybe there is a deity called god. It would be cool to have a heavenly parent. Or gods like in Greek mythology or other pantheistic religions. I don't know and I am not attached to an idea. But essentially, we are all god's children because we are all made up of stardust and spiritual essence.
I do believe that Jesus is healing. Jesus taught love and forgiveness. He preached to love your neighbor and judge not. He had some really cool messages. I don't believe that he died for my sins though. I die inside for my sins when I don't learn and do better. If I don't do better for myself, I can't forgive myself, so Jesus's forgiveness would be moot anyways. Do you know anyone that hates themselves and can't forgive themselves? I have seen people who struggle to forgive themselves being incapable of accepting Jesus's forgiveness. Jesus supports us in our internal work but he can't do it for us.
So no, I don't believe that I need to be saved from a fire and brimstone place. There may be such a place; I have seen one in my dreams. But I have to do the work myself. I don't have to be perfect. But I do have to try and keep pushing to be better.
I want to learn more about Christ but through the lenses that he's a human being who made mistakes. That is a Jesus I can relate better to anyways. I am never going to be perfect. This life isn't meant to be perfect. It is to play and learn. Have a little fun yall and give others the same opportunity.
So why would God send me to a test that I am going to just fail? Seems cruel. My source is creation; it is love. My god encompassess the destruction too because destruction is essential for creation. Nobody wants to talk about that though. 💅
Christianity has beautiful concepts if we can remove the hatred created by fear and control. Nonbelievers don't have to believe that Jesus died for our sins. But if we can appreciate the core of his message, we can better relate to our religious counterparts. This paradigm shift is how we can help heal the divisiveness of the United States of America.
My beliefs grow as I grow, so if something changes in the future: stfu, I am learning LOL. Also, feel free to talk me about it. That's what I prefer anyways.
Comments
Post a Comment