Why I don't Write
I feel like that I have nothing valuable or different to say.
I just say what other people say.
I don't write because I am afraid it won't be any good.
I am afraid it will be just average and average isn't good enough.
I am an imposter.
So I never take the risk to learn how to write.
Writing is a skill. It requires practice and risk.
If I would write only for myself, then I can judge my own work.
There is this online environment where everything you do has to be something unique and beautiful.
I don't know that I can really say something that hasn't been said.
Maybe I can say something in a different way that might appeal to an audience.
But then I ask myself, what is the purpose of me writing?
Do I write for others, or do I write for myself?
If I am honest with myself, I write because I have a voice that wants to be heard.
If writing is about expressing myself, then I don't need an audience.
If it is in the act of being heard, then it is dependent on other.
So I need to decide who I am really writing for.
And I choose to write for me.
I just say what other people say.
I don't write because I am afraid it won't be any good.
I am afraid it will be just average and average isn't good enough.
I am an imposter.
So I never take the risk to learn how to write.
Writing is a skill. It requires practice and risk.
If I would write only for myself, then I can judge my own work.
There is this online environment where everything you do has to be something unique and beautiful.
I don't know that I can really say something that hasn't been said.
Maybe I can say something in a different way that might appeal to an audience.
But then I ask myself, what is the purpose of me writing?
Do I write for others, or do I write for myself?
If I am honest with myself, I write because I have a voice that wants to be heard.
If writing is about expressing myself, then I don't need an audience.
If it is in the act of being heard, then it is dependent on other.
So I need to decide who I am really writing for.
And I choose to write for me.
Comments
Post a Comment