COVID Anxiety

This is very anxiety producing to say the least. I am amping up my self care to counteract the anxiety. This morning, I went for a run to work out some of my anxiety. I am grateful that I live near the Jordan River, which enhanced my run.

One of my biggest concerns has been my household. I want to make sure we are okay throughout this pandemic. My roomies are my family. If you have met them, you know how important they are to me. They have all been stressed out and worried. I am a little more prepared. I had an experience with a recession. I worked at DiscoverCard in collections from 2008 to 2012. I was able to see the impacts of this economic downturn. It taught me to save, save, save. I have been lucky enough to save money. I am lucky enough to have a savings account and have a job that I can pay my mortgage. I can take care of my little group of people. <3

Additionally, another concern has been the amount of information that is available. It is important to me to keep myself informed on differing perspectives of what is occurring. There are lots of rumors flying around, including what is going to happen with the government and the economy. I am listening to stay informed. However, there is a price for staying informed. That price is anxiety. I have been worried about what is going to happen to the state of the world. This could be a transformative period, or a destructive period, or both. It depends on how humankind decides on how to tackle this.

It depends on where the government decides to put money. It depends on how isolated people decide to be. It depends if people decide to take advantage of a bad situation, or if people come together. This is an opportunity for us all to take care of each other. The mindframe that there isn't enough actually leads to a lack, IE toilet paper. 

There could be limited medical supplies, which is why it is so important that the rest of us make sure it is available for the vulnerable and to isolate ourselves. If you are feeling a little sick, don't rush to the hospital and take up space. Take care of yourself and get others to help. If you don't have others to help, it is time to do some evaluating.

And let us not forget, that those of us who make it through this okay, we are PRIVILEGED. Not everyone can afford to stay home. Not everyone can afford to miss work. Not everyone has access to medical care. When you vote this fall, remember that people's lives depend on it. If you aren't impacted by this, meet people who are. Meet people who are different than you, who are going to really struggle through this. Expand your circle. And then use your blessings to do something about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear M

There is a difference between unwanted sexual experiences and sexual assault.

I cried on my way home from the gym today