I was told by a white, older man that I am difficult to manage

 He began by telling me that people like me are like a double edged sword. That I am ambitious and driven. On the other hand, I am difficult to manage. 

Hot damn. Would he say that to man? He just told me to stay in my lane. Be great, but not too great. 

I am ambitious. Maybe that makes me difficult to manage. I say what I think. I can be a bit abrupt. I have worked on being more gentle and conveying my positive intent. I am not mean. I do not have a negative intention. I appreciate direct communication and cutting through the bullshit. 

I am a kind leader. I seek to be inclusive, asking for feedback, seeking to not step on others' toes. The patriarchy is a system that is built on aggression and hierarchy. I don't play well within hierarchies because it generally is based on do what I say because I say it, and not because it is the best idea. 

I have decided to not stay in my lane. As I have been stepping into my personal power, I have been finding my voice. People are not going to like it. I am going to get lash back. The more confidence and security I build within myself, I gain some haters. It's cool. I am going to keep doing me. *Muaw* 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My intention wasn't to slander. My intention was to see if someone else had experienced the same.

Here's the DL on my trauma, either for your empathy or morbid curiosity.

Something not quite rape, but it feels that way anyways