Seasonal depression

 Is anyone else feeling it? I feel trapped by the cold. I don't go out much. Last year I bought a snowboarding pass and that provided some reprieve. This year I didn't buy one because I am not sure what Biden is going to do and honestly I don't have a ton of people to go with. 

I can't travel very far. I am too nervous to book a flight or hotel for fear that it will get cancelled. 

I am stuck inside in this cold, miserable as fuck. Last year was rough. I have been doing a lot of healing. I have been working through some of my PTSD that quite frankly has been terrifying. But I have learned that I am the container of love that holds my pain and says that I love you anyways. I have become my comfort. And I have allowed a select few others to hold my pain with me. For you, I am forever grateful. 

I carry on, randomly crying and shutting down. I used to be one of the most positive people that I knew. Now I am an Eeyore. The truth is that I have always related to Eeyore; I have just buried it so deep that no one knew. I even fooled myself. 

I share this because life is fucking hard. If you aren't feeling hella depressed, I am happy for you. If you feel safe and well, I want you to. I want to feel that way too. I am working on it. I don't know when I will feel safe again. The world is a chaotic place. We are never truly safe. This knowing is what can push us to live more. And I have got to find a way to live more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My intention wasn't to slander. My intention was to see if someone else had experienced the same.

Here's the DL on my trauma, either for your empathy or morbid curiosity.

Something not quite rape, but it feels that way anyways