Time Off of Social Media & Accountability

I am taking some time off of social media to deepen the reconnection to myself. I have had two days off insta and Facebook. So far it’s been nice. I have been reconnecting with my creativity. I like to be a busy bee and social media can drain me. It hasn't been helping my mental health lately. It can be an easy distraction but it gets me too in my head about what others are thinking. 

Taking a break makes me want to be more careful with my energy. People who don't like me are quick to talk nasty about me. If you have a grievance with me, you are welcome to contact me and I will listen to what you have to say. 

My intention is that I want to connect to my highest self more clearly to guide me on my path to helping humans achieve our greatest kindness. We have so much that we can achieve as a species. But it requires everyone to have access to mental health and spiritual connections. That means everyone needs to be able to afford life and to live comfortably. People are their best selves when they can take a vacation and every person deserves vacations. We have the money and resources if we prioritize people. No person is better than the other. Not because of their religion or their money or their race or their values. We are all human. 

When we judge other people as bad, it emboldens people to dehumanize their counter parts and then treat them poorly. I have received some intentional provocation. I don’t respond to it though. Their anger is their own. I’m not responsible for it and I’m not going to respond to it. I send your anger back to you. 

We all have sides of us that we are not proud of. What matters is if we seek growth. I have been in my own victim mindset. I didn’t choose to be there. I was forced into it by life. But it was my responsibility to do better. Either we get better or get bitter. I have been bitter. However, I am accountable for my life and whatever may come of it. 

I am grateful for all of the people along my path who have been supportive. Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for mentoring me. Thank you to my therapists who have helped to guide me. We can all grow while also maintaining our inherent worth of just existing on this planet. We all deserve good things. Especially those we are different than us, we deserve to treat them kindly. Treating people kindly supports us being happier too. Anger begets anger, hate begets hate, and love begets love.  


Much love <3xo 

Sarah Ruth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear M

I am not a predator; I am prey.

Guys, I need to kill my online persona.